This is one of the easiest Ramadan soup recipes that is going to offer you the energy that will cover up your whole day’s tiredness due to fasting:
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of finely minced onions
- Two stalks of celery, diced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
How To Make:
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 4 tablespoon olive oil in mild flame.
- Add the minced onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the diced celery stalks and continue to saute.
- Next, add 4-diced tomatoes to the oven and cook down for 1-2 minutes before adding the minced garlic and 2-table spoons of tomato paste.
- Stir to combine, and then add the cups of cooked brown lentils and chickpeas.
- For flavor, you may also add ground spices like cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon, black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.
- We suggest adding a little chopped fresh cilantro, mint, and parsley, too. This intensifies the aroma and flavor.
- Pour in a whole carton of lamb broth and bring the entire mixture to a nice boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Allow for the dish to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Finally add chopped fresh spinach, kale, and small and gently stir to combine.
- Raise the heat slightly and let to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When finished, remove from heat and serve with a lemon or lime wedge.