Web Desk: A Mount Isa man was fed up with the crawling roaches in his house, so he tried to burn them in his kitchen. He chose an ignited can and insect spray as a weapon.
This aggressive action did not prove effective because he accidently caused an explosion in his house. The explosion also caused the windows to shatter and significantly damage the kitchen and walls of the house. The police mentioned that the pest spray had clear labels warning against exposing it to a naked flame.
#BREAKING: There’s been a gas bottle explosion at a home on Able Smith Parade in Mount Isa. Officers say a man has been hit with shrapnel & has suffered lacerations to his head. @abcbrisbane @ABCNorthWestQLD pic.twitter.com/rPr8ySM1fU
— Krystal Gordon (@KrystalGordon89) March 7, 2018
The man was injured in the accident.