- Plain flour -2cups
- Melted ghee –¼cup
- Yellow moong daal (soaked for 2 hours) -½ cup
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Cumin seed -1tbps
- Ginger garlic paste -1tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4tbsp
- Chili powder -1tbsp
- Besan -2tbsp
- Garam masala -1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Direction for the dough:
- Mix plain flour, melted ghee and salt.
- Knead into semi-soft dough using sufficient water.
- Cover the dough for 15 minutes with a wet muslin cloth.
Direction for filling:
- Heat oil and saute cumin seed for a second.
- Add moong daal and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ginger chili paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and ¼ cup of water.
- Cover it with lit and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add besan, garam masala and mix well.
Direction for frying:
- Roll the small portion of dough.
- Place moong daal filling in the center.
- Seal the sides tightly.
- Press it slightly
- Heat the oil and fry kachori until golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.