Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) leaders lashing out against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan on Monday said that the opposition party wants conviction of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family on exchange of gifts.
Addressing a press conference here, Spokesman to the PM Dr Musadik Malik and MNA Daniyal Aziz said that PTI has failed to produce any concrete proof against the family of Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif before the Supreme Court (SC) in Panamagate case.
The PML-N leaders claimed, “We are fighting the case on solid grounds and the situation will become clear in the coming days as we have provided each and every document asked by the court in connection with the businesses of the PM’s father and his sons abroad.”
They claimed that the party has submitted all documents related to Dubai factory of late Mian Sharif, adding that it has been established before the SC that the statement of Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in connection with money laundering had been taken forcefully by the military regime when he was jailed in Attock Fort after 1999 coup.
They claimed that National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in reply to the SC has stated that reopening of cases against Ishaq Dar in connection to his confession of money laundering has no merit, as he was cleared by three different courts.
Musadik Malik said the PM has submitted the details of properties and taxes of three generations. He claimed the whole money trail of all transactions and all documents regarding Dubai Steel Mills have been submitted to the apex court.
He said that PML-N has submitted all relevant document pertaining to sale of Gulf Steel Mill in 1978 to 1980, adding that 75 per cent shares of Gulf Steel Mills were sold in 1978 while remaining 25 % share were sold in 1980.
He said that Tariq Shafi has submitted his statement in SC regarding the sale of Gulf Steel Mill as well as the record of sale of the steel mill to Al-Ahli family.
Speaking on the occasion, MNA Daniyal Aziz said PTI leaders should first look towards the corruption they have made instead of raising finger at others.