- Cooked tandoori chicken 1 kg
- Ghee or butter 4 tbsp
- Onion 1 (sliced)
- Ginger 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Garlic 1 tsp (chopped)
- Cardamom 1 tsp (ground)
- Cinnamon 1 tsp (ground)
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream ½ cup (beaten)
- Hot stock 1 cup
- Almond 4 tbsp (ground)
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Saffron ½ tsp
- Almond ¼ cup (roasted, crushed)
- Warm the butter/ghee and fry onion until soft then add chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir in cardamom, cinnamon, red chili and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Mix together sour cream and ½ cup stock and pour this mixture in onion.
- When it starts cooking, add remaining stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle ground almond, mix and remove from heat. Let cool and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Warm the milk and soak saffron in it for 10 minutes.
- Place tandoori chicken in a wide bottom cooking pan. Pour over blended sauce and saffron milk.
- Keep the pan on fire. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium slow flame.
- Turn the chicken two times in between.
- Dish out chicken in serving platter, garnish with roasted almonds and serve.