- Butter 100 gram
- Plain flour 100 gram (8 tbsp or 1 cup aprox.)
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Salt 1/2 tbsp or according to your taste
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Beat butter in castor sugar.
- Beat the egg and put 1 tsp (or as needed) of it in the above mixture.
- Put 1/2 tbsp salt and cumin seeds in the above mixture.
- Use a strainer to filter the fine flour.
- Put baking powder and plain flour in the above mixture.
- Mix them all well to make dough.
- Keep the dough in fridge for a while.
- With a rolling pin flatten the dough till its thickness remains to 1/8th of an inch.
- Take a clean hair brush (kept for cooking purpose only).
- Press the hair brush gently to give fine dotted impression.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the cookie shapes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and bake cookies for 15-20 min.
- The cookies are ready to be served now.