- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Condensed milk – 3 – 4 tbsp (more or less according to your taste)
- Milk pwd – 3 tbsp + milk – 1tbsp (mix both together to make a smooth paste)
- Cardamom pwd – of 3 cardamom
- Saffron (kesar ) – a pinch + hot milk – 1 tbsp (mix both together)
- Almonds and pistachios – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, when it starts to boil reduce the flame and cook till thick (for about 20 – 25 minutes) stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan on and on to collect the creamy residue that sticks on the sides. ( Make sure not to burn the milk at the bottom. keep on stirring)
- When the milk becomes thick, add sugar and condensed milk and combine well.
- When the sugar melts completely, add the milk powder paste and mix well.
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron mixture to the milk mixture, combine well and remove from flame.
- Add the chopped nuts to it, combine and let it cool for some time at room temperature. Pour it to the kulfi moulds and freeze it for about 6 – 8 hours. Serve.
Note : makes about 6 kulfi.