WEB DESK: Each one of us love our hair, there are no two ways about it. While most of us might pay constant attention to it, we have to agree that maintaining it is an ordeal in itself.
We reckon you get rid of those expensive hair products laden with chemicals and instead, say hello to the ingredients in your kitchen. Not only will they make your hair glossy but also aid in hair growth.
1) Onion Juice: Onion juice works as it stimulates keratin and protein growth, which helps in the re-growth of your hair.
How to use it: Try cutting a few slices of onion and mash out its juice. Apply the juice on your scalp and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Just make sure to rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
2) Lemon juice: Rich in vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants, it is the best weapon against hair loss. Not just that, it also aids in hair growth and keeps your scalp dandruff-free.
How to use it: Before a hair wash, rinse your hair with lemon juice. Leave it on for about 30 to 45 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
3) White vinegar: Used for multiple purposes, white vinegar or apple cider vinegar is best for your hair growth. In addition, the property of acetic acid helps you to remove residue and make your tresses look shinier, softer and healthier.
How to use it: If you have oily scalp then before a wash, rinse with either distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. Follow with a conditioner.
4) Castor Oil: Popularly known as Arandi oil, it is rich in vitamin E and omega 9 fatty acids. Castor oil moisturises your hair, and is best to fight scalp infections.
How to use it: Apply castor oil on your scalp, massage it well, and leave it on for about 45 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with a shampoo to get lustrous hair.
5) Egg: This home remedy is the quickest and the best for natural hair growth since eggs are a great source of protein and are also rich in iron, phosphorous, sulphur, selenium and zinc.
How to use it: Mix, two egg yolks with a tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and wash your hair with a shampoo.
6) Amla: Also known as Indian gooseberry, it is rich in vitamin C and nutrients. Amla prevents your hair from hair pigmentation.
How to use it: For hair growth, mix two teaspoons of amla juice or amla powder with lime juice and apply it on your hair for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and then follow it with a mild shampoo.
7) Methi seed powder: Also known as fenugreek, methi is rich in protein and lecithin and a very good conditioner for hair growth and dandruff.
How to use it: Grind fenugreek seeds into a paste and mix it with coconut oil. Apply it on your hair for an hour and wash it out with shampoo.
8) Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is great for hair growth and adds strength and luster to your hair. Moreover, it protects your tresses from dandruff and keeps your hair oil and frizz-free.
How to use it: Simply, apply aloe vera gel or oil from roots to tips and wait for it to dry. Rinse it off with water.