• Chickpeas ½ kg (bOiled)
• Yogurt ½ kg
• Potatoes 2 (bOiled and cubed)
• Red chilies 6 (whole)
• Boondi (tiny gram flour dumplings) 1 cup (soaked)
• Tamarind pulp ½ cup
• Whole Coriander 1 tsp
• Cumin seeds 1 tsp
• Carom seeds 1 tsp
• Green chili paste 1 tbsp
• Cumin 2 tsp (roasted)
• Salt ½ tsp
• Onion as required (chopped)
• Tomato as required (cubed)
• Green chilies as required (chopped) (use less if you want it mild hot)
• Coriander leaves as required (chopped)
• Mint leaves as required (chopped)
Dahi Chana Chaat Method / Tarika:
1. Beat yogurt with cumin, green chili paste and salt.
2. In a serving bowl spread boiled chickpeas, top with beaten yogurt.
3. Now top with soaked Boondi and potatoes.
4. Now spread tamarind pulp, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander leaves and mint leaves on top. Toast together red chilies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and carom seeds.
5. Grind finely and sprinkle on top of chaat.