- 1 package Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 Cup warm water (the temp you’d use for a baby’s bath water)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅛ Cup corn meal
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked, sliced chicken breast
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, salt, and yeast until well combined.
- Pour in water and olive oil. Stir until dough sticks together.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes, or until it forms a smooth ball.
- Cover dough ball with plastic wrap and let rise 15-30 minutes, until you are ready to make your pizza.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with ⅛ cup corn meal. Press dough into pan, spreading as you press, until it reaches almost to the edges of pan. Allow to rest for five minutes. Return to dough and continue pressing until it overhangs the pan all around the edges slightly.
- Fold over edges and press to seal to form a crust.
- Top pizza with sauce and toppings of your choice and bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Toss 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce with the cooked, chopped chicken to coat it. Set aside.
- After waiting 15 minutes, top the crust with the BBQ sauce. Add more or less BBQ sauce depending on your taste. Then layer on the shredded mozzarella, then the BBQ-coated chicken, shredded gouda, then the onion slices. Bake for 14-16 minutes. For the last minute, move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That’s optional.
- Top hot pizza with fresh cilantro. Slice pizza and serve immediately.
If making a stuffed crust: Combine 1 cup shredded mozzarella with ½ teaspoon dried Oregano and ¼ teaspoon dried Basil.