Afghan refugees involved in terror activities: Sarfraz Bugti


QUETTA:  Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti on Thursday said that security agencies had arrested six Afghan intelligence operatives from Balochistan, who were involved in attacks on FC personnel and citizens, and bomb blasts in the province.

“The accused were involved in attacks on FC personnel and citizens,” Bugti told a news conference in Quetta. The minister said that security agencies arrested six Afghan intelligence agents in a successful operation in Balochistan.

He said that Afghan refugees needed to go back to their country as they were involved in terror activities including bomb blasts, murders and target killings. He added that the government would use force to expel the Afghan refugees if the international community failed to take initiatives in this regard.

Bugti said that there had been a strong nexus between NDS and RAW. “The arrested Afghan intelligence agents have confessed to killing 40 people and attacks on citizens and Frontier Corps (FC) personnel,” he added.

He said that Pakistan always wanted to have brotherly relations with Afghanistan but NDS activities could serve a blow to these relations. “Pakistan will never allow Afghans to live in the country as Pakistanis and that NDS and RAW have been using refugees to promote anti-Pakistan activities and sentiments,” he added. On this occasion, video of the alleged agents’ confessional statements were also shown.

Agent Abdullah Shah was showed in the video confessing to plotting 10 bomb attacks in Chaman on RAW and NDS’s direction. The arrested terrorist revealed that he had murdered 22 people in Quetta and received the reward money in Afghan province Kandahar.

He also revealed that Qazi Naik Muhammad, who had been working for NDS, helped him to establish contact with NDS officials and work for them. He said that he had other accomplices namely Habib, Salam, Hameed, Saddam, and Hannan.-Business Recorder

loading...
loading...