WEB DESK: The most delicious delight of winter season is Gajar ka Halwa is a dessert for every age group. It is easy to cook. All you have to do is follow these instructions.
1. 8 to 9 carrots
2. 4 cups full fat organic milk
3. 4 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
4. 10 to 12 tbsp organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar or as required
5. 20-25 whole cashews
6. 5 to 6 green cardamom (powdered finely)
7. a pinch of saffron strands (optional)
8. handful of golden raisins
* Rinse, peel and grate the carrots.
* Take a deep thick bottomed pan. Combine milk and grated carrots.
* On a low to medium flame, bring the whole mixture to a boil and then simmer.
* While the mixture is simmering on a low flame, keep on stirring in between.
* The grated carrots will cook in the milk and the milk will start to reduce and evaporate.
* When the milk has 75% reduced, add the ghee, sugar and powdered cardamom to the mixture.
* Stir well and continue to simmer and cook on a low flame.
* Do keep on stirring the gajar halwa in between.
* Towards the end, add the cashews, crushed saffron and raisins and simmer till all the milk is evaporated.
* Switch off the burner.
* Serve gajar halwa hot, warm or you can also serve it cold.