WEB DESK: Natural beauty in Pakistan doesn’t need words to describe its worth, now a picture from Pakistan Lower Kachura Lake a popular tourist destination in Central Karakoram National Park, Skardu has won the Wiki Loves Earth competition.
The competition was held for the second time in 2015 in which 26 countries took part. During 2015, over 100,000 pictures were submitted by the participants.
Second place: a view of the Laurisilva (laurel forest) of Madeira, Portugal.
Third place: the Alpine ibex (Capra ibex), or Steinbock, in National Park “Hohe Tauern“, Carinthia, Austria. Third place in Wiki Loves Earth 2015.
4. A spider (Misumena vatia) killed a bee. Picture taken in Bratental nature reserve, near Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany. By Suhaknoke
5. European bee-eater (Merops apiaster), Ichkeul National Park, Tunisia. Photo by Elgollimoh
6. Carpathian Biosphere Reserve, Zakarpattia Oblast, Ukraine. By Vian [CC BY-SA 4.0 license], via Wikimedia Commons
7. Nature reserve Wolayer See and surrounding area, Carinthia, Austria.
8. Cormorants at dusk on the pond of Vaccarès, France. By Ddeveze
Limestone stalagmites inside the Anhumas abyss, Brasil.
High Tatras as seen from the Polish Spisz, Tatry Natura 2000 Special Area of Conservation, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland.
Greater flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus), Thyna, Tunisia. By Elgollimoh
12. Khlong Lan Waterfall, Khlong Lan National Park, Kamphaeng Phet Province, Thailand.
Malakatyn river at Bolshoy Lyakhovsky Island, part of Lena Delta Wildlife Reserve, Sakha, Russia.
Morning in Tolkuse bog, Luitemaa Nature Conservation Area, Pärnu County, Estonia. By Märt Kose
Lines left after skiing on the snowy slopes of Baba Mountain below the peak Pelister, National park Pelister, Macedonia
Special nomination: Apis Mellifera drone—moment at birth, Ribeirão Preto, Brasil.