WEB DESK: who don’t love donuts brownie and when it is celebration time so how can we miss such a delight.
For the donuts:
- Non-stick cooking spray, or coconut oil, or butter, for greasing donut pan
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted if solid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 2 cups confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Sprinkles or chopped nuts, as desired
-Heat oven to 325° F and grease the donut pan.
-Set a sieve over a large bowl and add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt (I always sift when using cocoa powder). Sift, then fold together for even distribution. In a smaller bowl, whisk the coconut milk, sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix with a whisk or wooden spoon until everything is blended. The batter will be thick.
-Spoon batter into a piping bag (or into a large resealable plastic bag with the corner cut off) and pipe into the greased doughnut pan, making sure to not overfill. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter into the pan.
-Bake for 13 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
-Cool the doughnuts in the pan for 3 minutes, and then carefully turn the doughnuts onto a rack to finish cooling.