WEB DESK: Karachi’s Bahadurabad Charminar Chowrangi ranked 5th in the list of the most beautiful roundabouts in the world by a Roundabout Appreciation Society in United Kingdom due to its replica of a Charminar Mosque of Hyderabad, India in the center.
It is a UK-based society which compiled the list of top 12 beautiful roundabouts of 2015. this list included Karachi’s Bahadrabad Charminar Chowrangi as the 5th most beautiful roundabouts in the world.
It included roundabout around the world from USA to Bahrain.The list is as follows:
Top 12 roundabouts of 2015
1. Railway Roundabout in Hobart, Tasmania, features a colour-changing space-age fountain.- Australia
2. Morbier giant cheese and grandfather clock roundabout- France.
3. Duck pond roundabout in Otford, Kent, a roundabout with a listed duck pond in the centre. This residence is known as Duckingham Palace- UK
4. Angel of Independence roundabout in Mexico City, which has an 118ft victory column in the centre.
5. This roundabout in Karachi features a replica mosque in the middle.-Pakistan
6. Chavez roundabout in Managua, adorned with an image of the former president-Venzuela.
7. Dancing dolphin roundabout in Pataya, dolphins dance in the fountain and red and green flowers encircle the roundabout-Thailand
8. Sculpture roundabout, an entwined sculpture on a grassy mound in the mountains-Switzerland
9. Flower and fountain roundabout in Indiana, a double kerber roundabout with ornate fountain and flowers-USA
10. Swimming dolphins in Algarve- Portugal.
11. Sekigata roundabout in Shizuoka, – one of the few in the country-Japan
12. Pearl roundabout in Manama – the pearl structure consists of six supports holding a giant pearl-Bahrain
Source: Roundabout Appreciation Society