WEB DESK: International Cats Day is celebrated in the world on August 8. Here are some interesting facts about cats.
- Evidence suggests domesticated cats have been around since 3600 B.C., 2,000 years before Egypt’s pharaohs.
- A cat’s purr may be a form of self-healing, as it can be a sign of nervousness as well as contentment.
- Similarly, the frequency of a domestic cat’s purr is the same at which muscles and bones repair themselves.
- The world’s richest cat is worth $13 million after his human passed away and left her fortune to him.
- Basically all cartoon cats lied to us: Raw fish is off the table for cats as well.
- In the 1960s, the CIA tried to turn a cat into a bonafide spy by implanting a microphone into her ear and a radio transmitter at the base of her skull. She somehow survived the surgery but got hit by a taxi on her first mission.
- A cat’s brain is 90% similar to a human’s — more similar than to a dog’s.
- Cats and humans have nearly identical sections of the brain that control emotion.
- Basically, cats have a lower social IQ than dogs but can solve more difficult cognitive problems when they feel like it.
- Cats have 1,000 times more data storage than an iPad.
- Isaac Newton is credited with inventing the cat door.