[Lahore, 22nd June 2015] Kaymu.pk, an online shopping community, recently released a report detailing out the eCommerce and online shopping trends in Pakistan. Pakistan’s online industry is still in its early days; hence, a lot of factors have yet to be determined regarding the trends of the country’s online industry.
This ecommerce report released by Kaymu.pk gives a detailed insight into the consumer behavior and their approach to online shopping, as well as discussing some key findings of internet usage in the country.
Through the research conducted by Kaymu and the facts collated, it can be observed that the most actively involved eCommerce users in Pakistan fall under the age bracket of 18-34 years. The report also reveals that over 50% of eCommerce traffic in Pakistan comes from the country’s three major cities; Lahore with 21% of total traffic, closely followed by Karachi at 20%, and Islamabad/Rawalpindi with 15% of total e-commerce activity each year.
When talking about the gender divide the report observe that out of the total e-commerce activities carried out, 70% comprised of male users, with females involved in only 30% of the total activity.
The Kaymu report also revealed that new users are also being attracted to online shopping. New online shopping visitors stand at 44% of the total traffic, while returning visitors are 56%. The two most purchased products of online shoppers in Pakistan are clothing items and electronic devices.
The report also looks into the devices and operating systems being used by online buyers. Around 80% online purchasers use either a desktop computer or laptop; while the remaining 20% is divided between smartphones and tablets. Hence, it comes as no surprise that almost 77% of the users access online shopping websites via Windows operating system. It is then followed by android and the rest like iOS, BlackBerry follow the cue.
The Kaymu report carefully follows a number of trends in Pakistan’s ecommerce industry. You can visit www.kaymu.pk/research to study the complete report.