KARACHI: Watermelon have all the nutritious needed this summer to combat heatstroke.
- Watermelon contains 92% of water in each bite and 6% of sugar which will keep your body from dehydration.
- It is essential for cardio patients as it helps the blood to flow conveniently. This is because one cup of watermelon contains 250 millligrams of citrulline and higher level of citrulline can help improve blood flow.
- Watermelon contains 12.5 mg of vitamin C which makes it good for skin treatment. A good amount of watermelon juice is good for acne skin.
- The risks for developing asthma are lower in people who consume a high amount of certain nutrient specifically vitamin C.
- Watermelon can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. Lycopene intake has been linked with a decreased risk of prostate cancer prevention in several studies.