Best of Innovation and 31 Home Entertainment Honorees reflect Samsung’s achievements in industry-leading design and technology innovation across categories
Lahore: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, today announced that it won 80 prestigious awards at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 Innovations Awards. CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA) every year, has honored Samsung with prestigious awards, including 76 awards last year.
Among the CES awards for 2015, Samsung was recognized with one Best of Innovation award, 31 Best of Home Entertainment honors and several others for connected home technologies. Products entered in the CES Innovation program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 28 categories.
Additional honors are awarded individually by top media and industry organizations in attendance at the event that spotlighted Samsung technology among the tens of thousands of new products announced at this year’s event.
“Samsung continues to focus on putting the consumer first by delivering first-class, groundbreaking products and services across categories,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO, Samsung Electronics North America. “We are honored that CEA and the industry continue to recognize our commitment to bring new value to people’s lives through exceptional next-generation technologies that will transform the way we live.”
Samsung’s award-winners represent the breadth of Samsung’s product portfolio, including TV, home theater system, mobile phone, tablet, home appliance, software, and computer component categories.
Some of the awards include:
- Samsung’s JS9500 TV which received more than eight awards including Ubergizmo’s Best of CES award, Digital Trends’ Best Television at CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice award.
- Samsung’s 105-inch UN105S9B TV, the World’s First and Largest Bendable SUHD TV, earned a CES award for Best of Innovation: Video Displays.
- Samsung’s Active Wash Washing Machine which received three awards including Digital Trends’ Top Tech of CES 2015 Awards, Mashable’s Best of CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award.
- The Samsung Flex Duo Dual Door Range amassed three awards including 2015 International CES Best of Innovation Honoree, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Pick of CES.
- Samsung’s revolutionary portable SSD T1 earned eight awards including PC Mag’s Best of CES Best Storage Device award, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Picks of CES list.
- Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 received four awards, including Digital Trend’s Top Tech of CES 2015 Finalist, Pocket-Lint’s Best Laptops of CES 2015, Tech Times’ CES Best of Innovation award and Windows Central’s CES Top Pick award.
- SmartThings earned Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice Award.