Fire engulfs spare goods’ shop at Tibet Centre

KARACHI: Fire broke out early Monday morning at a shop located in Tibet Centre, one of the main car accessories and spare good markets in the metropolis.

Fire department officials sharing details of the incident told APP that short circuit has been found to be the triggering factor for the fire.

“We were informed in time and the two fire engines dispatched to the site managed to control the fire at the early stage,” they said.

Mentioning that it was smoke emitting out of the closed shop that warned the people around, officials said inadequate alarm system in the market doing business in goods worth millions of rupees could had been a major disaster.

In reply to a question, they agreed that there was need on part of the government to ascertain causes for sudden surge in the incidence of fire outbreak and inferno in the commercial hub of the country.

Most of these instances have been registered in industrial areas and commercial centres, including factories and godowns storing goods of varied nature.

Close coordination is required among all stakeholders for control and prevention of the incidents that hold all potential for severe implications, the sources said.