QUETTA: Four children sustained injuries in a gas cylinder blast in Pashtoonabad area of the provincial capital, here on Monday.
Police said that gas cylinder explosion occurred due to gas leakage from the cylinder, leaving four children injured. “Gas filled in the room due to leakage from the cylinder and explosion took place when one the child tried to light the gas stove with matches,” police said.
All four injured were rushed to Civil hospital where they were given emergency medical aid. They were identified as Talha, Sarfaraz, Muzammil and Arifa.
Police officials said that sale of sub-standard gas cylinders imported from China and locally made in Gujranwala and other cities was on rise in Quetta which has caused gas explosions in different localities in prevailing winter season, claiming precious lives and injuring others.