Imran must put all allegations on table of dialogue: Pervaiz


ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information,Broadcasting and National Heritage Senator Pervaiz Rashid on Sunday said that the allegations of poll rigging repeated by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan should be placed on table of Dialogue.

Talking to a private TV channel, the minister said that the allegations Imran Khan had been leveling in his speeches for the last 14 months were not tabled before the government’s dialogue committee.

He said that the demands tabled in dialogue process were related to the procedural work of the Election Commission and government could not interfere in the matters of Election Tribunals.

Pervaiz Rashid said that if the working pace of Election Tribunals were not acceptable for PTI then Imran Khan should move his suggestions to the Parliament. He said that according to record, the majority of cases were delayed due to non-cooperation of PTI candidates.

The minister said even before the long march, the government had formed parliamentary committee for electoral reforms and a judicial commission was also announced by Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif to probe into allegations of rigging.

He said that a Jirga was formed by the opposition parties in the parliament that was just playing its facilitative role for restoration of dialogue process.

He said that Khan’s appeal for civil disobedience was rejected even by the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where his party was ruling because the government has collected more revenue, customs and sales tax during the last month than previous month.

He said that even Imran Khan himself paid electricity bill of his residence in Bani Gala and Jehangir Tareen was also paying his income tax.

The Information Minister said the government had prior information that long marches would beget violence by attacking government buildings but government allowed them to go to

Islamabad as everyone was terming it as their political right.

He said that the government was showing patience and did not use force against the protestors.

Replying to a question about attack on PTV building, he said that with the help of footage and NADRA record, the cases would be registered against those involved in the incident.

Source: APP

loading...
loading...