A Chinese man after eating a contaminated raw sashimi selected from a sushi menu was riddled by tapeworms all over inside his body which nearly killed him.
According to the international media reports, a Chinese man went to see a doctor on a complaint of continuous stomach ache as well as skin itchiness. Doctors after diagnosing him sent him for scans which revealed that his entire body is being riddled with Tapeworms.
After the diagnosis, the doctors claimed that some of the uncooked Japanese delicacy of raw meet must have become contaminated. Doctors of Guanghzou NO. 8 People’s Hospital claimed that the researches have proved that eating raw food can lead to number of parasitic infections, whereas tapeworm infection occurs when one ingest larve of diphyllobothrium, which are usually found in water, fish such as salmon which turns into a tapeworm after being eaten.
Dr Yin, of Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital told the reporting sources that once an adult tapeworms enters into a blood stream, it can fertilize eggs. This tapeworm infection becomes deadly once it enters into the brain.
SOURCE: This report has been reported from an international source.