15-year-old heartbroken schoolgirl hangs herself when relationship ended

by Sumaira Shiraz

Helena Farell, 15, heartbroken schoolgirl hanged herself in the woods after the break-up faced by William Williams, 16-year-old boy. They both studied at Kirkbie Kendal school.

The boy was a high achiever at school. He played hockey and also attended the Royal Northem College of Music in Manchestar.

Helena’s body was found hanging in the woods near her home on January 4, 2013. She earlier told the boy that during a school trip to Germany, she was molested by a 25-year-old man, which caused her bulimia (severe headaches and vomiting). Fortunately, she managed to run away, before he could attempt rape on her.

Mr Williams, who is now 18 told the hearing that they both met on Facebook in 2012, where she messaged me first and we started seeing each other in school and even started going out. But after some time we split up and the split was on a phone call; that’s when Miss Fareell told me that she was sexually assaulted by a 25-year-old man during the school trip. She felt sick which caused her vomiting after every meal she ate.

The young couple remained friends after the break-up. ‘She seemed okay while talking to me as a friend, said the boy. One day Miss Farell called the boy by saying him that she is alone at home and she has taken paracetamol tablets. The boy rushed at her house with his father where he found the girl’s parents and checked she was safe.

At a house party on December 15, 2012, the girl saw the boy with another girl and had a break down in the kitchen and tried to cut herself on the stomach.

On January 4, 2013 William was preparing for his exams and he saw several miscalls from Miss Farell. He called back, she picked up and said she was in the hills. It was the place we both first met.

I said, ‘Hellen, please come back, we can sort it all out.’ , but she had something else on her mind. She said, ‘I love you, Goodbye , Thank You for everything and than she hung up’. ‘That was the last thing I heard from her’, the boy said during the hearing.

The boy said that she was his first girlfriend and he never knew she would anything like that, she use to put on a brave face.

The inquest with the boy carried out for three day and than was adjourned.