Unsuccessful Government Scheme Hajj applicants asked to take back money


ISLAMABAD: The Ministry for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Monday asked the 73,772 unsuccessful Government Scheme Hajj applicants to take back their money anytime from their respective banks, on producing original receipt and computerized National Identity Cards (CNICs).

An official of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony told APP that the intending pilgrims, who failed to qualify for Government Scheme Hajj can take back their deposited money.

He said the Ministry will soon issue intimation letters to 53,814 successful Hajj applicants. They should visit their respective bank branches with original receipts and must deposit their machine readable passports by June, 10. The passport must be valid up to March 31, 2015.

Responding to a question, he said the Government Scheme Hajj applicants can check their status by visiting www.hajjinfo.org/. A total of 127,586 applications had been deposited in 6,500 across country branches of  six schedule banks.

The month long Hajj operation will commence from August, 27 (First Ziaqad).The buildings are being hired by a high powered committee to ensure transparency.

The committee comprising director General Hajj, a representative of Pakistan ambassador inSaudi Arabia and director General Hajj in Jeddah, Madina Munawara and Accounts officer, Jeddah.

APP

loading...
loading...