Quetta: Bugti militants surrender

QUETTA: As many as 22 Bugti militants surrendered before the district authorities and announced their support to the development work in their area by the government on Monday.

According to Balochistan FC sources here, those who laid their arms also include two commanders of defunct Baloch Republican Army (BRA). The militants had been stated to be involved in subversive activities in Dera Bugti district.

Speaking on the occasion, they expressed their support for the development works being carried out by the government in different parts of the province.

They said that the people of Balochistan are fed up by the policies of their tribal chieftains
who oppose development in their areas in order to exploit the ignorant and innocent people, who remained deprived of basic civic facilities including education, health, water and communication besides job opportunities.

They said that the people of their area want peace and development so that their children could live a better life.

They asked the government to start development work in their areas.