Child electrocuted, man killed in Cholistan


KHANPUR: A child was electrocuted here on Monday in the area of Cholistan while a young man died in a road accident last night.

According to residents of Chak 162 7R eight year old Mohammad Sadiq was playing near his house when he touched a live wire accidentally and died.

Locals alleged said that two men,Saeed Ahmed and Malik Mureed had given several illegal connections in their area and had earthed the wires as well.The child had touched one such wire and died on the spot,said the residents.

Assistant Manager Mepco Feroza told reporters that the department had recently received a complaint regarding illegal connections and a team would inspect the area shortly.

Meanwhile,a man identified as Mujahid Hussain died after his bike collided with another motorcycle in the area of Liaqutpur.

loading...
loading...