Business areas to be made more secure, safe: Nisar


ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan on Wednesday said the government would take elaborate measures and steps to make business areas more secure and safe.

Talking to media persons after visiting the blast site in Fruit and Vegetable Market, he said that culprits would be taken to task.

He said the government would announce compensation for the families of deceased and injured persons.

The minister said, “It is not possible to check manually around 300 vehicles, which enter the Fruit and Vegetable Market daily from various parts of the country.”

However, he assured all possible steps would be taken to make the area more secure and safe.

Nisar said four scanners had been purchased at cost of Rs.1 billion by the last government. Only two scanners were imported, which unfortunately, could not identify explosive materials, he added.

Replying to a question, he said VIP security was only being provided to the President, Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan.

He said 11,000 officials of Islamabad Police were performing duty in the Federal Capital, but such incidents could not be averted without modern technology.

To another query, he said the registration of slum areas (Kutchi Abadies) had already been carried out.

He said, “People who are involved in the terrorists incidents, cannot be called Muslims. No Muslim can kill innocent people.”

To a question, he said, the investigation had started and it would be pre-mature to pin point any group’s involvement in the incident.

The minister visited the blast site and met the representatives of Fruit and Vegetable Market. He assured them that their concerns regarding security would be addressed.

Source: APP

loading...
loading...