ISLAMABAD: As many as 17 bodies of Sabzi Mandi blast, shifted to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), have so far been identified.
Most of the persons sustained injuries at lower abdomen while few of them had head and facial injuries, which showed the bomb was fixed in a box placed at the ground, Vice Chancellor of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Prof. Javed Akram told mediapersons on Wednesday.
He said that neither any woman nor child was hit by the blast. He said the administration took immediate steps to provide treatment to the injured.
He said sufficient blood stock was available at the hospital and treatment of the injured was going on smoothly.
Some of the identified dead persons are:
Talha 35, Shaukat 18, Shabeer 30, Shahzad Khan 20, Omer Baz Khan 48, Khizar Hayat 50, Muhammad Rafique 42, Waris Ali 45, Azam Khan 35, Miraj Khan 35 and Bakht Muhammad 23.
Hospital officials further informed that 35 injured were shifted to Holy Family Hospital, two to DHQ Hospital, one to Railways Hospital and 58 to PIMS.
They added that few body parts were also received at PIMS which are not identified yet.