KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) Monday advised former president General (retired) Pervez Musharraf to ask the government to remove off the restriction clause on his travel abroad.
According to the ruling on Musharraf’s petition to remove of his name from Exit Control List ( ECL), the court said that they have not yet received any order of put or clear off his name from the list. Further adding information in this regard, they said that Musharraf should ask the government for the permission to travel abroad because it’s not under court jurisdiction.
Counsel for the former president A.Q. Halepoto had requested the court to remove Musharraf’s name from the ECL, requesting that his client needed to go abroad to visit his ailing mother. The court has reserved verdict to be announced later.
The government had restricted Musharraf from going outside the country as he had previously been arrested in at least three murder cases, including the 2007 assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
Courts have now granted him bails in three cases. However his name has not yet been removed from the list of the people who cannot leave the country.