A fire at a bar under renovation has killed six workers in central Hanoi, state media reported Wednesday.
The Thanh Nien newspaper said that the six, including two couples, were renovating the bar when the fire broke out Tuesday.
They died of suffocation from the blaze that took fire fighters nearly two hours to put out.
The report quoted Hanoi deputy fire police chief To Xuan Thieu as saying welding sparks likely caused the fire.
Dozens of major fires have been reported in Vietnam in recent years due to widespread disregard for fire regulations.