Man dies of suffocation in Lahore plaza fire


LAHORE: A man died of suffocation caused by an overnight blaze that erupted in a residential plaza located in the city area of Ichhra. The fire was brought under control on Thursday morning.

According to the Rescue sources, the relief teams, receiving the report regarding the outbreak of fire, rushed to the affected plaza and began firefighting operation.

Sleeping in the building at the time of mishap, a man, Hamid was smothered to death as the smoke filled his room. He was a construction worker.

According to the officials, the fire was caused by short circuit; however, all other inhabitants of the building remained unscathed.