Balochistan govt out-reaches to 80 percent quake-hit areas

QUETTA: Chief Secretary Balochistan Babar Yaqoob Fateh Mohammad here on Wednesday said that the provincial government has out-reached to the 80 percent of quake-hit areas.

Talking to media persons during his visit to calamity hit district of Awaran, the CS said that shortly after disaster struck parts of Balochistan, the provincial government launched a rescue operation on war-footings.   Expressing his sympathies with the affected families, babar said that so far the quake claimed lives of 238 people.

He noted that Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Iran had offered Balochistan
government of their support.” We are fully capable to handle the catastrophe”, he however stressed.

The CS said that 22 trucks carrying relief goods were reaching Awaran while four helicopters have already reached the areas and started relief, rescue operation in the affected areas.