KABUL: A suicide car bomber attacked a Nato convoy in Afghanistan’s strategic Kapisa province northeast of Kabul on Friday, killing at least four civilians, officials said.
“There was an insurgent attack on an Isaf convoy in Tagab district with a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device,” a spokesman for Nato’s International Security Assistance Force told AFP.
“Current reporting is that there were no Isaf fatalities or injuries.
However, several Afghan civilians were killed.”
The provincial governor, General Mehrabuddin Safi, said “four civilians are dead and several others are wounded”.
A spokesman for Taliban, said in a text message to AFP that 12 American troops had been killed and wounded. The Taliban regularly exaggerate their battlefield actions.
French combat troops pulled out of the strategic province last year as part of an early withdrawal from the country, with all Nato combat forces due to pull out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.