Sanjay Dutt challanges HC’s property attachment order


Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt today moved the Bombay High Court, challenging its earlier order regarding attachment of two of his properties following a financial row with producer Shakeel Noorani.

In an appeal filed before Justice R Y Ganoo, the actor has challanged the order on various technical grounds and urged the court to set aside its order.

The court had earlier passed an order following an arbitration award passed by the Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association (IMPPA) in January last year in favour of Noorani.

According to Noorani’s lawyer Ashok Saraogi, the arbitration award by IMPPA was sent to Dutt in January 2010 and he was given 90 days to respond. When the actor failed to, IMPPA applied for the execution of a decree in the High Court and accordingly order of attachment of his properties in Bandra and Santa Cruz suburbs was passed.

Mr Saraogi said his client had in 2002 paid Sanjay Dutt a signing amount of Rs 50 lakh for his film ‘Jaan Ki Baazi’. But Dutt failed to complete the shooting and in the year 2008, the actor told Noorani that he would not be able to complete the film, causing financial losses to his Noorani, who has now claimed Rs 3.28 crore from Dutt.

The appeal, which was mentioned today before the court, will come up for hearing on January 12.