The Supreme Court on Friday directed the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to submit till Monday a fresh list of bureaucrats or politicians who had benefited from the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) and were still holding public offices.
A three-member bench comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Tariq Parvez and Justice Ghulam Rabbani issued the directive on a suo motu case taken on appointment of former managing director of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited Adnan A. Khawja.
To bench’s query, Raja Aamir Abbas, additional prosecutor general NAB, apprised the court that a fresh list of beneficiaries had been submitted with the Prime Minister but he had not got it so far.
He assured the bench that by Saturday or Monday he would submit it.
Replying to another question, he said that the Capital Development Authority and Islamabad Capital Territory administration had been directed to forfeit and confiscate properties of Adnan A. Khawaja and other accused.
The Chief Justice said that they wanted to see whether the NRO benefited bureaucrats and politicians had undergone their sentences or were still holding offices.
Secretary Establishment Division Ismail Qureshi assured the bench that its orders on NRO would be fully implemented.
He said a new list was prepared and sent to the Prime Minister who would take decision with the recommendations of the law ministry.